PRODUCT CARE - TIMBER
PROLONG THE LIFE OF YOUR TIMBER FURNITURE
Any spills should be cleaned with a clean, damp cloth.
To help prolong the life of your timber furniture we recommend using the Golden Care Transparent Teak/Hardwood shield every 12 months, or 6 months in high usage cases. This will create an almost invisible barrier, while still keeping the natural timber look, but making it difficult for liquids like wine, olive oil or butter to seep into and stain your timber furniture.
Suitable for both indoor and outdoor teak and hardwood furniture, Golden Care Transparent Shield also contains an in-built mould and mildew inhibitor.
CARING FOR YOUR TIMBER FURNITURE
- Using tablecloths, table runners, coasters and placemats to help protect surfaces against head and scratching.
- Dusting regularly with a soft cloth or similar duster.
- Avoid direct sunlight, as this will cause the wood to crack or splinter and potentially change the colour. If the furniture is in a sunny location move items like vases regularly to avoid spotting.
- Always lift furniture when shifting it. Do not drag, push or tilt onto its end when moving as this could loosen joinery and damage the furniture.
- Avoid using furniture polish or waxes that contain high levels of silicon petroleum distillate which can damage the surface.
- For extra peace of mind you can apply a wax or sealer to your furniture, however, some waxes can alter the colour of timber furniture by accentuating different colour tones. When applying recommended products always pay careful attention to the instructions and test on an inconspicuous area first.